Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Sourtoe Cocktail.....excuse me.

Have you ever heard of the Sourtoe Cocktail?

this is the page in the book that made me question whether it was true or false
(Learn Something Everyday by Young)

Went to sell a bag of books to the half price book store and ended coming home with a bag of books. I didn't break even. Heather found this book for me title "Learn Something Everyday" by Young . I've been reading the very insightful useless information that only I would care to read just in case I'm on one of those game shows one day. When I came upon a page that read Sourtoe Cocktail. The Sourtoe Cocktail is a champagne seasoned with an amputated toe. Yes exactly what I said.  It is a specialty drink that is served in Canada. I couldn't believe what I saw so I googled it and to my surprise it was to be true. You order a cocktail with a human toe in the drink. Yes try sipping on your alcohol beverage and have your lips touch an old cut off toe that has been preserved in alcohol that began as a joke. You are not suppose to swallow it but pretend it's an ice cube that way it can continue to be shared with others. Although there have been instances where the toe has been swallowed. What started as a five hundred dollar drink is now twenty five hundred dollars. I wonder if in fact you accidentally swallow it does it make you a cannibal. But seriously if you knew whose toe it was would you dare drink your cocktail. If you see the happy smiles on the people that have tried it you'd be like me, eww gross. They have actually gotten toes that have been amputated in the mail. One from a diabetic amputee another from mowing the yard and having an accident. There is a club called The Sourtoe Club go become a member. You still don't believe me look it up. I know it sounds like I made it up, right? And if you still don't believe me go visit this place called Dawson, Canada. Snap a selfie drinking an old probably brownish purple wrinkled big fat toe. I'm sorry I shared this information with you but I just had too because it wouldn't be fair to keep this knowledge from you. By the way the first toe used in this specialty drink was from the 1920's to date there have been nine. Keep recycling that toe.

No comments:

Post a Comment