Monday, January 16, 2017

Do not open

The page reads, "everyone has happy and sad days just like Anne."

She talks about how mean people can be, how sometimes someone says something they don't mean to say but say it anyway. How sometimes you tell your parents something but they don't listen. She mentions how that happens sometimes but not a lot. She says you have to keep ignoring what others say in order to have happy days.


If only that was true. It doesn't matter how old you are, things people say will always bother you. I think the older I get the more I can not ignore it. How can I have happy days when the things that people say get worse. A new year and a new president, what can I expect? In one week I've heard so many negative things about the person that I am, but only because of the color of my skin. How can something derogative be ignore? Especially when it keeps being said. I expect more bad things this year than good.

I found this journal at the thrift store. I love finding other people's books. This person never finished but the first three pages of her journal. She meant to write more in it since it also read, "reward if found." Do not open written all over the front and sides. It became a forgotten book. It stood out from the rest when I was in the book section. Glanced through the pages and this is what it said. Hopefully this week it will be the same without people disliking the brown skin I'm in.

No comments:

Post a Comment