Thursday, May 24, 2012

galaxy drive in

Just in case you haven't realized it yet I looooooooove the movies. I love going to see them in theatres. I love buying them. My family and friends get me movie passes all the time and I thank you for that. As the years go by the movie prices go up. The cheapest I remember were $3.50 and that's when I was in high school ages ago now they are almost $10.00 a ticket. I remember taking my sisters to the movies all the time our favorite past time. Heather will probably vouch that when we went on our first date it was to the movies. We went to see thir13en ghosts back in 2001 well I didn't know it was a date so I brought my sisters along. She later told me "why else would I have brought you to a scary movie  if not to comfort you when you got scared on our first date." Ooops I was clueless heck sometimes I still am today.

Yes I also love the dollar movies there is no shame in my game. When the movie is about to finish at theatres they pass it along to the Starplex. This is what I call a cheap date when the food costs more than the movie ticket.

I've always heard of going to the drive in but just never got around to going. I don't even remember if I had ever been there. So it felt all new to me. I was having a hard week at work more than ordinary. When I got home heather said she was taking me for a special treat. Anything surprises me. So the next question is dress code I need to know what I'm getting myself in. She said "just put on whatever, your pajamas if you want." PAJAMAS I said. No I'll wear a t shirt and jeans.  We are getting close to the destination and I start figuring out where it is that we are going and I say "no, really."

I still didn't get as excited but as soon as I saw that big sign (billboard) that tells you what is playing I lost it. I start saying "couldn't these cars move a little more faster in line?" This is getting even better we pay six dollars "SIX DOLLARS" each to watch two movies in a huge screen outside what seems to be the country and we are going to watch the raven/ cabin in the woods. but wait there is more they have a small you can sit inside concession stand that you can get cheap food. The prices are not bad and you can also buy a burger but a pickle for $1.00 at a movie theatre COME ON. They say no outside food is allowed but really unless you take in some fried chicken they wouldn't know.

We get there really early to get good car parking area. We brought our food back to the car and waited. Some people even brought there lawn chairs, some turned there car around popped their back SUV trunk and made it a sitting area. A truck brought a big huge bean bag and put it on the bed of the truck and sat there comfy.

The first movie we saw was the raven and it started to rain. What made it cool was that as it rained it also rained in the movie the mood fit what we were watching. It would thunder and lightning would show on the screen. freaky. Loved the raven sad ending of course. The next one was the cabin in the woods. There is a break between the movies so don't worry you wont miss a thing. By then it had stopped raining and a cool breeze flowed through the car. Loved the cabin in the woods but its really not about a cabin. It was a movie that had me thinking and questioning all the way home.

Loved the experience. If you have gone to the galaxy drive in Ennis TX then I'm glad to say that I now have joined that group that loves the way movies were made back in the day. In the ages where they considered it the make out movies. They are building one in ft worth Texas but I'm going to say that the galaxy will be my outdoor favorite. Will I be going back? That's a big YES. The sooner the better. I can't wait for when it gets to be winter so that I can take a blanket and snuggle out there. Did I mention that you can also listen to the movie on a radio station in your car but if your battery dies they will give you a boost. Doors open at 6:00pm but movie starts at 8:30ish so if you get there early go explore they have a play area.

If you haven't tried it don't wait much longer GO.

thanks babe for making it a new favorite thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment