Sunday, August 26, 2012

small brick toys

something tells me it's the on off of 75
I've never really thought much about legos. They are popular amongst kids and maybe one or two adults. I remember awhile back Heather was bugging me about getting her some legos. I wondered why she wanted to play with legos. Turns out there was a whole other side of just playing with them. You can connect to make art. It's when I understood her.

I kept seeing these articles about Dallas CityScape in the paper. Legos turned into Dallas Landmarks. I was interested. You see I didn't really care for the lego part but the fact that they were used to replicate buildings in Dallas well that I wanted to see. Time kept flying by and was wondering if we were going to get to check it out.

The exhibit costs five dollars. It benefits the East Dallas Community Schools. It was actually funny to see people walk in with their expensive shopping but were not willing to spend five dollars so they walked right back out.

Old Red Courthouse
They wanted us to play an I Spy Game. An I Spy list contained lego things or legoithians (lego people) through the exhibit. Over two point five million legos are used to make the Dallas CityScape. My favorite was the Half Price Book Store Lego Land. Others are The American Airlines Center and Victory Park, The Nasher Sculpture Center, Union Station, Old Red Courthouse, The Museum of Nature and Science, Dee and Charles Wyly Theater, Trammell Crow Tower, and The Hyatt Regency Hotel and Reunion Tower. I know it sounds like a kids place right, but I think it goes half and half. The kids get to play at the set ups of legos. There is even a toy speedway which Heather and I played and she won. The adults get to enjoy the landmarks.
legoithians

I loved the idea of combining little brick toys into something bigger.
If you get a chance go and swing by see what you make of it. They are very friendly and you even get a toy on the way out. I got a car with a bull on it and Heather got a car with a wolf on it.

If we don't stop every once in a while to enjoy the little things in life they wouldn't exist.

ends September 3, 2012
Galleria Dallas
Level I near Tiffany & Co.
13350 Dallas Parkway
I-635 at North Dallas Tollway
Dallas, TX 75240

No comments:

Post a Comment