Thursday, March 19, 2015

didn't even say hello

Was driving home from taking photos of a soon to be three year old. Took me a little longer than expected. The sun was right at the sight where if you don't wear sun glasses you would get blinded by it. Was driving home when I saw something from the ground fly up and land back down on the road. I began to slow down when I came closer. I looked to my right and saw a woman with a ghostly look on her face and a leash in her hand. I look to my right and there was a young guy with a big dog on the side walk. By this point I had made a complete stop on the street and rolled my window down and yelled to the lady if she needed me to call someone. She yelled back and said no I just live up the street. In front of me there had been  a red truck with the outline of a person wearing a straw hat. I'm going to tell you what I think might have happened.


The lady had been walking her little dog, when the dog saw the big dog across the street and wanted to get closer to say hello. The small dog pulled himself in that direction when the leash broke and  ran completely across the street. That's when the red truck hit the dog. It had hit with such force that the dog flew and bounced on the ground. He didn't get the chance to say hello. The lady stood in shock before going in to the street to pick him up. She picked him up like a small baby carrying him on his back with his feet up. She looked at him calling him but he was not moving you could tell he was gone. She carried him with such delicacy as to think that if she moved him he might be in pain. It's when I yelled to ask her if she needed help. She then hurried home. I looked over to see the guy with the big dog and we both nodded our heads and said he was gone.

The person with the red truck you ask?  They knew they had hit the lady's dog.  Wasn't going to stop but decided to slow down. The red truck finally pulled over slowly to the side and waited for some seconds before proceeding again. Not once did they get out or approach the lady. Not once did they ask what they could do. Not once did they say I'm sorry. Not once did they pretend to care.

They had just committed a crime by letting this woman see her baby die right in front of her. The red truck just stopped at the light and made a right turn and didn't look back.

I'm going to say that it was an accident because it was but why didn't they stop? They didn't just kill a stray pup. This pup had a mother that had just happen to take him out for a walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment