Tuesday, March 17, 2015

strength

What were you doing this morning?  Some Mondays are more interesting than others. I hear how everyone hates Mondays, but I think I might be the only one that enjoys them. I'm off from work so I spend it doing errands with my pops. Sometimes every once in a while I'll get them to myself now that he started working.


Today I woke up a little after four am. I woke up to drive to Irving to then leave by six in the morning heading to Wills Point. My father needed a little help out at the ranch before he actually worked today. He is working to get a tractor but in the meantime we use his small truck to bring out a bundle of hay. It is much easier when a vehicle is used but not today. It had been raining and it wasn't safe to use the truck so we had to physically try to pry it from being on the ground for months and try to push it out where it would be safe for the cattle to get to it. When hay is left on the ground for months it starts to grow it's own grass onto the ground so it would be like pulling a huge pile of grass with your hands from the ground. Try rolling something that has taken over the ground and weighs over five hundred pounds when wet. I would push on one end while my dad pushed on the other. We barely nudged it. I then began to pray and said God give us the strength we need to do this. It wasn't easy but He did listen. I kept yelling in my head "God help us" over and over and He finally did. By the time we were done I had mud inside my shoes. Living the farm girl life this morning.


When I realized what we had just done I thought to myself how I had managed to either have the same strength as my father or the fact that he was getting old and I now have more strength than him. How, when I was a kid, I used to think of my father as the strongest man on earth now and his strength was losing him. 

I don't always get to go the ranch but when I do I'm glad to get to visit with my sister. It's like a silent world out there were no one knows you. Where you can still pump gas first then pay. If you haven't heard of the pump first then pay it's because the world is changing and honesty or trust are values that are becoming extinct.

No comments:

Post a Comment