Monday, October 9, 2017

where did the crackers go?

I brought home some groceries the other day and left my box of crackers on the table. I only had eaten two packages from the box.


I hadn't put Sadie in a crate for months now. I had let her roam the house while I was at work. She deserved the freedom. She was enjoying this brand new freedom.

One day last week I came home to no crackers on the table. I was like.... where did my crackers go? Sadie just looked at me. I looked every where knowing something was up. Well I found two wrappers on the couch. Yes she had managed to get the box off the table and brought it to the couch to feast. Not one packaged survived from the box. I don't know how she managed to eat some of the wrappers.

I was upset but more hilariously upset than angry. I said....well Sadie you lost your freedom for a while. Into the crate you go tomorrow.

She had a birthday yesterday. She turned nine. I've had her for nine years and think about all the stuff she has lived. She has practically done all she has done as a dog and probably more than your usual dog life. She loves the beach just like her mother. She loves crackers just like her mother and she gets what she wants. A rebel like her mother.
The wrapped box of crackers
The pink cookie she licked until she knew it was safe to eat

So guess what I got for her birthday. Yup, I bought her own box of crackers and wrapped them up. I sure did. Happy Birthday Sadie you taught me that I can not ever leave anything at your mouths reach. You are one smart dog just like your mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment