Monday, November 13, 2017

another year of self love

It's a subject that doesn't get discussed as it should. Maybe we don't want to hear about it or if it doesn't pertain to you personally, why care.

I learned of the movement To Write Love on Her Arms Day a couple of years back. I tried to teach others of what it meant. It was my first tattoo that I got. It meant something to me. It meant to look down at my arm as a constant reminder to love myself. You have to always love yourself. No one will love you like you love you. Only you can understand the real feelings that only you know to have. I make it aware every year to have others remind themselves that they are loved. Remind them that there is help.

There are things in life that will happen that don't go as planned. There will be failures that you didn't even think would happen. I used to think why would someone commit suicide. Why would they leave their family with such sadness. Why would they be so selfish as to take the easy way out. I'd be the one fighting to keep you here. This world is beautiful yet cruel. The world can give you everything you can desire and can easily take it all away.

I don't push the issue anymore. I do it for myself. It took the world to take something from me to have me realize that I can not have it all. I'm no one to make those decisions about ones life. I'd like to know that I'm here to hear your sorrows but I don't know what I would say. No one can determine how deep someones mind is, full of demons that allows their heart to be blocked of self love. Everyone deals with life differently. Some beings are stronger than others. Some only know to give up.

It is sad to know when someone commits this act to end the pain that they are going through. But unless you have felt that black deep pain filled with a hollow sadness then you don't know a thing. You can not judge a life. You can be mad and think about what you could have done to prevent it.

Has every single person on this earth thought about it at one point in their life? How many times? To what extent? Only the select few in my life have known the demons I've fought and at times continue to battle.

The question you should ask is, how strong can a person be to continue to struggle, living day to day and overcoming those feelings.

Don't just be the ear to listen to. Don't just be the arms to lean in for a hold. Actually be there next to them and hold their hand and try to feel just a smear pinch of what they need you to feel to understand. To understand what possibly goes through their mind that allows their heart to block the love with pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment