Tuesday, December 31, 2013

goodbye 2013, hello 2014

Well friends we have made it another year. I'm ready for the new one. If you are reading this thank you for taking the time to do so. Didn't get a lot of writing done this year but next year plan on doing some more, if you can take my silly writing.

A lot happened this year people got older some of us didn't make it. We lost someone we worked with due to cancer she was a fighter. She would say, pray for me I'm not ready. But God was ready for her. Another family friend got diagnosed with bone cancer just before Christmas this year. Let me just say cancer is a bitch. If you think about all the good and all the bad that happened in the world this year I'd have to say that the bad won. The bombings that took place in Boston to the tsunami that took place in Thailand. The tornadoes that hit Oklahoma and Texas to the hurricane that hit Mexico. People in Russia are being beaten for who they are. A&E network fired one of their characters and the list goes on. So much devastation no one is ever prepared.

When I think about the bad I have to say that I am one lucky person. I still have my family, still have my health, still have the love of my life. I get giggly inside when I encounter a sugar free desert. I take all the small good things that happen and blow it out of proportion to celebrate. For example when Heather was an illegal immigrant for about a month when the ordeal was over I celebrated it with wine. When the car kept going back to the mechanic over the inspection not passing I finally jumped with joy that it got its sticker on its windshield. See what I mean little victories are the best.

Did I mention that when DOMA died I cried, but cried from victory.

The year 2013 was good to us. Did a lot of tastings this year some where new like wine tastings in cedar springs, cheese tastings, beer tastings, candy tastings, coffee tastings......anything tasting is good. For 2014 I plan on doing soda tastings wonder how that will work. One thing I enjoyed doing this year was photo scavenger hunts. Found out that they are so much fun. Don't believe me try one. Maybe it's a plus for me since I take photos of anything. Randomness was the best this year. Example; waking up and grabbing breakfast tacos and going to the bookstore patio and eating them. We are fools I know.

All I can tell you from experience is that if I died today I can say that I have lived my life to the fullest. I don't have any regrets. I pretty much do anything I want just can't afford the big things but that is not ruining my groove at all. Ask yourself that question "have you lived to the fullest?" don't question what the heart wants just do it.

Please, please don't start the new year exercising. I mean how many of you actually kept last years resolution. Instead start something else. Be kind to one another the world is only here for us to live it. Next year will be better than this one we can only look forward with last years memories not regrets.

When midnight hits a flash of memories will start popping in your brain. You may feel sad, you may feel happy, it's okay to cry. When you sum up in one minute what the year was like take all the bad that happened and embrace it, it has made you stronger. Take all the good and be thankful. If you look to the left and look to the right and that person that was there is no longer there you will be okay things happen for a reason. People change you, I know they have me. So I may be on your right I may be on your left but if I'm not there at all well think about it, what happened this year.

I'll leave now before I start on my rants. But want to leave you with this.....are you wearing your red undies?

Cheers to you my friends and may 2014 be wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment