Sunday, December 22, 2013

money talks

We live in a country where we have the capability to say whatever we want. Yes "Freedom of Speech" or do we really?

I don't live my life this way by choice, I live my life because that's just who I am. When I talk about myself I talk about me and the people in my life. I can't speak for everyone else. I can not and will not be categorized in a group to be miss interpreted or hated. Earlier this week a famous superstar mentioned that being gay leads to bestiality, but let me ask you this...REALLY?! In the past, from my hearing not seeing, have I only heard of straight people having this type of conduct. Never had I heard this about an LGBT person, but I might be wrong. He also mention a racist comment but I am assuming no one caught that because everyone who cared was only the LGBT community. I hate to say that I am labeled in a category that shouldn't even matter to this man. The way I live should not ever be important to a public figure, especially a superstar, unless he pays me to live the life I live. Just in case you don't know who I am speaking of it's Phil from the now more famous show Duck Dynasty. If it wasn't that popular it is now.

The thing is that I don't hate him nor do I feel offended by what he said. I can't blame a man that was taught to think this way. You can't get mad at ignorance, just brush it off and continue with the next person that feels this way. People will always find a way to make your life somehow their business. If I happen to be somewhere and the show is on I'm not going to change it. You can't blame his family for him thinking the way he does, but you do have to think about the fact that if he said it then his family grew up with this in their life. You can not grow up in a christian home with your father raising you with his ideas on the rest of the world, and not share some of those views. Just not possible.

He was fired from the show and that's when everyone that supported him got mad.

Let me explain why this was the only correct thing to do when your boss fires you from running your mouth.

I'm going to put myself in a similar situation so that we can understand how this should have not been a surprise.

I'm at work at a regular J O B I start running my mouth but I shouldn't because I never know who will hear me. I say some inappropriate words and go ahead and make racial slurs. Someone goes back and tells my manager what I said while someone else I work with gets offended. What do you think will happen next? I will have to sit down with my manager and he will ask to confirm what I said and if it's true do you think he will spank my hand? No. He will have no choice but to fire me.

The difference here is that I am a nobody that got fired, and here he is, a superstar making bank that got fired.  So what is the big idea? Is it because he has money? Yes.

"Freedom of Speech" is a strong phrase. We all have it. It's constitutional, but can we get away with it?  Depends on who you are...

As a person, you cannot fix hate with hate. You, my friend, really don't have freedom to say whatever it is that comes to mind because there will be consequences.  There will not be half a nation backing your words, backing YOUR "Freedom of Speech".

The thing that made me feel a little sadness in my heart was that fact that I saw friends and family say they stand with Phil. They see the life of a christian man that believes he, like others, can pick and choose what parts of the "good book" to follow, and what parts to overlook. I do believe in God, and love Him wholly.  No MAN can tell me that just by following what God created in my soul...me being LGBT...that I will NOT get to Heaven!  But I guess I can't blame these friends amd family.. They fell in love with the Reality TV star that gets paid to be just that, a star, not the real man he is.

So please if you are that upset that a superstar got fired for saying what you and I would have gotten fired for, then you are living in the fantasy world. Reality TV is not ever really Reality TV.

By the way don't worry no animals were hurt in the making of this blog by a member of the LGBT community.

No comments:

Post a Comment