Wednesday, March 30, 2016

revenge of the yellow jacket

I came home and was about to open the door when I noticed a yellow jacket on a small nest. I grabbed a stick and knocked its nest down. I couldn't have it that close to the door. I did not want to get stinged, if you know what I mean. I opened to door and went in.

The next day nothing happened. I opened the door and everything was okay.

On the third day I had my left hand occupied with bags from the grocery store so I reached in the mailbox to get the mail. Since my right hand had the keys I tried to tuck the mail under my neck before opening the door. I didn't even get that chance. As soon as I put the mail under my neck I repeatedly said, "something bit me.....something bit me!" Heather came behind me and I let the mail drop to the ground and started to check my neck. When I saw that stupid yellow jacket fly from under the mail. It had been waiting for me in the mailbox. So when I went in for the mail it claimed its revenge. How was I to know that this creature with a sting is smart? It stung and all I could think about was my neck possibly becoming swollen. What was I to do?
right before the paste

Heather immediately went into the kitchen and made a paste with the spices that she had known about before and put in on the sting. I asked her how she knew to do this and she told me that she came upon the recipe for just this particular situation. By the end of the evening my neck was no longer red but a tiny hole was still there. It did itch a little the next day but there wasn't any swelling or redness.

On the fourth day the yellow jacket began to replace the nest and here again is the fifth day. But don't worry revenge of the yellow Jacket isn't over. It has only just begun. Yes it was my first sting and I'm not going to lie I was really concerned. The yellow jacket did get its revenge but I wont let it just fly by.

Lesson learnd here? ......I learned nothing. Well maybe to always look for an avenged yellow jacket. Next time I take the nest down I'll be more ready for that sting.

No comments:

Post a Comment