Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Chihuly

 
I love the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Gardens but you have to be careful when you go. You see we went on a hot, hot day for my birthday in July. Yeah you are probably thinking, Are you crazy? I wanted to go and well I didn't want the heat to stop us from going. There we were with a couple of other crazies trying to enjoy the scenery.

Have been seeing all the advertisements for the Chihuly Exhibit and was waiting patiently the time to check it out.  I want to see it and before you know time flies by and you missed it. We got a good deal buy one get one free ticket. You have to hunt sometimes for deals. If I can save the better. You can also buy parking online half the price as actually paying there. You can bring outside food. We stopped at a racetrack and you better believe we each grabbed the biggest soft drink they had.



When we finally arrived there weren't that many cars.  I don't understand the whole tearing down the Winfrey Point for parking. Winfrey Point is a building set on whiterock next to the arboretum that is used for wedding receptions or just a place to rent out and a field were baseball is played. We only know this because we checked into renting this place for our I Do's. I was loving the looks our tall containers of cold drinks sipping on my straw was getting. Next time we plan to bring a picnic. For you drinkers you can also bring adult beverages. When the weather cools down a little we will try to go back before the chihuly leaves. We want to try the chihuly at night exhibit. That will make the colors bright differently. The Chihuly Exhibit is a new art experience showcasing the most significant works of internationally acclaimed artist  Dale Chihuly. Love the colors and the shapes and sizes of them gets you thinking, How in the world did he make them come together?

The Chihuly Garden and Glass just opened in Seattle, Washington. Another good reason to visit Seattle. 

Make plans to attend the one here in Dallas. Make it a hot sweaty date or a romantic night. Bring the two of you or bring a group. I like the two of us better only because I don't have to annoy anyone when I stop here and there to take pictures.

 
Whatever you decide to do just remember it's here til November 5, 2012.

If you happen to wonder upon our picnic hope I have plenty to pass around.

No comments:

Post a Comment