Monday, September 24, 2012

munster mansion

The quest to find the famous Munster Mansion. A while back I came upon a read that stated that this house exists here in Texas. I was thinking could this be possible. I searched and found out it's closer than I thought. For three years now I've managed to search for the correct address and with the help of my lovely lady we went on our quest. We almost gave up. It is on a major farm road in Waxahachie, Texas but it's driveway is covered by trees so it makes it hard to find. We parked the car on the road and we walked to it. I got that silly feeling of omg it does exist.

They tell you in advance that you are not allowed to cross the gate but it's tempting when it's wide open. So we honor their wishes. They have dedicated to transforming their home into the Munster Mansion (stands on 5,000 square feet) both inside and out. 1313 mockingbird lane is written on their gates entrance but there physical address is a mystery. Besides being known as having a replica house of the TV show the Munsters they (Sandra and Charles McKee) like to live a private life.

We visited the outside of the mansion in July and couldn't wait til October to actually see it from inside. The family holds an annual fundraiser one weekend in October that benefits the Ellis County SPCA. They love our furry animals so all proceeds benefit will go to them. You can buy tickets to tour the home this one weekend and they have what I would call carnival activities outside their home to fit the Halloween theme. Anyone can dress in costume. Tickets for adults go for $20 dollars and tickets for kids under 12 are $12 dollars.

These are some of the activities
Food
Kid's Costume Contest with prizes
Midway Games
Face Painting
Bounce House

I have waited long enough to see this home hope that this year I can cross it off my bucket list. I hear that Eddie Munster will be there this year. We lost grandpa Munster.

If you decide to go this is where you will meet the shuttle that will take you to the Mansion.
Munster Mansion
2401 Brown Street
Waxahachie TX, 75165.

the dates are October 19 - 20

No comments:

Post a Comment