Wednesday, December 5, 2012

love is ...

Sometimes we are asked this question " how did you meet ?" 

It was a day in September the year 2001. She introduced herself and well when she did I'm not going to lie I said " and who are you? " I took it as someone wanting to be my friend. The more I got to know her the more we had in common the more time I wanted to spend with her. For the first time in my life I found myself intrigued by someone. I didn't know what I was feeling. I was never really planning on ever getting involved with anyone. I had already made my life up. Wasn't ready for any extra drama and I came with a package that would make it difficult for me to allow my self to get involved with anyone.  As time went by I knew there was something more than just getting together for movies or spending countless hours on the phone. Finally on December 6th 2001 as I sat on her dads couch the question arose. Will you be more than my friend? I pretended to not know what she meant until she questioned me again. Will you be my girl? I had that feeling in my stomach that I've heard people say before so I thought well I do like you a lot so Yes. It was there that I had my first kiss. I had lived my life differently than the normal kid. So believe when I say that I was sitting there age 23 and had my first kiss. That is the moment I knew my life would never be the same. We were inseparable.

Our beginning was tough. My parents didn't take it very well. I don't blame them. There are things that I wish I could have done differently. All I knew was that I was in love. All I knew was to not give up. I am the oldest so then my sisters looked up to me. I was a big support for them and here I was introducing someone into my life. But here it is eleven years later and all I have to say is that I'm glad we never gave up. I've been there when she lost her grandparents and she has been there since before our first niece was born. I don't regret loving. We've had many obstacles but there hasn't been anything yet that we can't conquer. I sometimes wonder that people have said in the past "I wonder if their love will last?"  well it has. I love her more everyday.

i love her like when you get a brand new book and you don't want to fold the page to save the spot.
i love her like my coffee always has to have ice
i love her like when i hear my favorite song so i pump the volume so that everyone else can hear it.
i love her like a kid loves cake
i love her like a fish that needs water
i love her like a flower that needs the sun
i love her like................................

We lived in Kansas for a little while and I remember feeling like it was us against the world.  I ran out of medicine. I felt to the point of almost losing my last breathes. My medicine was at the point of being discontinued. She drove all over trying to find a store that carried it. Drove for hours and when I told her to give up she wouldn't.  I knew that this was just the beginning of our love story.

I believe in soul mates. I also believe that god has more than one soul mate for you it just depends where you are at that particular moment taking that step left or right. I was lucky. I sometimes ask Heather if she thinks we would have still met if our lives were different. She said yes.

The only advice I can give you is to love. There is no harm in doing so.

I met Heather in September of 2001 just a month after her moving here from Texarkana. Maybe if I wasn't working where we both met, who knew we were destined to cross each others path.

No comments:

Post a Comment