Saturday, December 29, 2012

the end to the beggining

A lot happened this year. So much destruction and death. We have to think that the good out ways the bad. The part of the good is smaller than the bad so we have to focus on the small good to make us move forward. The year is coming to an end. Some of us believed that we wouldn't see past December 21, 2012 but we have moved so far into technology that that was not going to happen. God has bigger plans for us. We still don't know how it will end just know that we have to prepare ourselves for the future ahead. We have to be better persons not just for our own sake but for humanity.

in Missouri the day my family decided to go tubing

As the year comes to an end we focus on what the year has brought us. When that clock hits midnight we want to be with someone special.  Be it family, your love or a friend. The thought of spending a day like the end to the beginning of the year alone is both a happy one and a sad one. Some of us don't have any. We have to think that there is something better in store for us pray that the next year is better.

Some will start by saying,  I start this new year working out going to the gym. Why ? So that you will go for the first two months and quit. So that you will start that new diet but give up. This new years resolution has always been a fraud to me. If you want to loose weight why wait till the new year? Why not today? Instead start with a new challenge. Make a stranger smile, laugh, spend more time with family. Treat that friend more special. When you say you will pray for someone actually do it.

Mother nature has been doing us right this year but how well have we treated her. People still throw cigarette butts out the window. Think about recycling more. Plant something. The whole hour without electricity wouldn't work for a nation that lives off of technology.

Many famous people died this year but the not famous people out number them. Thousands will cry for one that lives in the spotlight but not for their neighbor.

When that clock hits midnight what will you reminisce? A whole year will flash back in one minute. How the mind works. You'll remember the ones who couldn't be there and toast to what will come. We keep wanting better but we don't change. How do you change? Make that call, just get up and walk out that door the world is ready. Make a change for yourself.


baby Maggie
baby Rafael

I will remember that I still have my parents and that alone makes me a lucky person. I still have my sisters and their family's health is good. That I still have Heather by my side and her family is healthy as well. I will remember all the bad experiences and remember all the good ones. I will be thankful that our family grew with two more little angels this year. I will also remember the hate that someone had to set our home in Mexico on fire. We learn from what happens to make us better persons.

I may not be rich with materialistic things but thank God that I am rich in many many other ways. I don't know what the new year will bring. I pray that it will bring more happiness than sorrow. I will focus on making a total stranger feel good about themselves. Begin a new challenge and maybe go camping. What will you want to remember this time next year?

As the year comes to an end just think about the new beginning. Hope that you are where you want to be when the clock hits midnight for they say how you end your year is how the next will begin. Whether its alone or filled with a huge crowd make it special your own way.

Whatever you do ladies remember your red undies for it's a legend that if you wear them crossing into the new year your next will be filled with love.

Cheers to my love, my family, and friends may our next year be that much more special. May we be who we want to be. May we give thanks to being able to celebrate another crazy happy year.

No comments:

Post a Comment