Wednesday, July 10, 2013

two dinosaurs

I'm taking pictures of my special about to be one year old niece. My nephew brings his coloring book sits next to Heather while we are conducting a photo shoot. He sits there making conversation with Heather tells her how he loves dinosaurs, starts to name them. Tells her what he has seen and how he reacts when he is being chased by a T-Rex. After the photo session he hands me a colored paper. Of course no mater what it is I say it is the best thing I have ever seen. He whispers to tell her "see i told you she would like it". The gesture alone is wonderful. He also colors one for Heather. When we are finished and are coming home Heather tells me that he said one is me and one is her. The thought of this colored page being the best thing I ever saw has now even brought me happy tears.



I sometimes wonder if they know the relationship Heather and I have. It never crossed my mind to actually think about what would happen if they ever asked us. When I met Heather her siblings were very young it also never occurred to me to have that question asked by them. Thinking about it now, will I be prepared? The little ones in my family just know that we live together that for as long as they have lived they have known both of us. When family gathers they know that all my sisters have their partners and that Heather is mine. That just proves fact that if you teach your children hate that is what they learn. They love us for us. I'm hoping all they see is love. He is only five years old. His mind is pure. He knows only love.

What is wrong with the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment