Wednesday, September 16, 2015

not tired at all, wink wink

doggie prints heading towards the water
Slept in today. Well more like seven in the morning. Took advantage of the complementary breakfast. It's not a full kitchen but the cereal and bagels with coffee hit the spot. The four legged baby's enjoyed the ocean water. They enjoyed it so much that they started drinking the water. Yeah the salty ocean water, had to put a stop to that quick. The water felt so good, and the beach was meant for us only. Love going to the beach on the off seasons. Right now kids are in school so parents won't take time off from work so it's like if we have become winter Texans. A winter Texan is someone of age that travels to the beach island when there isn't a sign of young hood. I love it. I don't like to travel when it's populated with people. I like to take trips during the week when I know there won't be as many people around. I contradict myself because I like meeting new people but not when I want to relax. So everywhere we have been to, we are the youngest couple. If you spend more than three hours on the beach, the island sucks all the energy out of you. When we get back to the hotel we are starving and tired, talk about a relaxing trip. Have you ever walked on a floor of shells? It's pretty smooth and neat until you step on one that got cracked. But imagine walking down the island and having fresh shells appear from the ocean, you get first pick. Today I saw an old lady carrying an Easter bucket picking sea shells. Imagine doing that on a regular basis creating gifts or art from things brushed up from the other side of what seems like endless water.
carefully walking the ground while looking for treasure

Enjoyed our food choices today. The service was better. Hit our favorite spot called El Senor Donkey, Mexican seafood restaurant. I haven't had a burger. I feel that if you go to an island you eat seafood. One thing we found out was that oysters are not in season for September and even though we are in the tip of Texas, they have to get them from Louisiana and even they are having a hard time getting them. We also came when Rosh Hashana was being celebrated so some places were closed while others closed early. All I could think about was the fact that we are in the tip of Texas and its major business owners are Jewish. Crazy how that is, but awesome. Didn't meet any friendly people today, on the contrary we meet a lady that really didn't like us. She was like is this together *enter sourpuss face*? Yes, it is.
look at all that fish

Decided to go the visitors center to get some postcards to mail out but they didn't provide any this year so I have to come up with another idea.

For a few seconds I stop to realize I missed Harvey, he loves to talk to you. He goes around the house meowing. He meows until you notice him.     

Right now it's a burn kind of night, yeah a sunburn. Is it worth it? I think it is. I can prove to you that brown skin under the sun by the salty, cool water will turn red.
what the view is for a winter Texan

Another cool fact or fiction tale is that when we stopped to a store the owner happened to mention that his store has a ghost. Creepy Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment