Monday, January 16, 2012

stump

today we went to the ranch to do stuff like feed the animals hay and me and my pops cut trees as my mom gathered pine trees for my sisters yards. as one cuts them another replants them. what was funny to me is that as we cut the tree bark into smaller pieces my pops takes a break and sits and observes a figure on a big stump of tree that he has cut. all this time i'm thinking that this could make a good art piece or pieces for heather but just couldn't figure it out. my pops tells me "do you want this in your living room" im thinking has he somehow got in my mind? "i could cut it into a smaller piece and ya'll can put it in your living room" i'm like, this is coming from a man that i took to the dallas museum of art once a couple of years ago and was thinking of our artistic ways. i was thrilled to bring it home. as we get ready to leave my mom sees it and tells us "is this so that we can roll our tortillas on" i laughed looked at my pops with my crazy look and said to myself she wouldn't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment