Tuesday, April 2, 2013

egg carton

Hello friends how are ya'll?

Been busy with here and there mostly having Saturday free days for us, meaning sleeping in watching Chiller TV seeing what stupid scary movie will pop on.  Have been trying to visit the streets less because I am old. The hard part is trying not to be at two places at the same time.

Wanted to share this with you because well it meant so much to me.  I'm pretty sure that by now you know a little bit about my grand parents. Don't want to go into detail but lets just say that Heathers grand parents have been the grand parents a kid could only want to ever have. On my parents side the one I wanted to get to know I never had the pleasure of meeting and the one that still lives kind of doesn't want anything to do with us. So this past Easter more like this past Sunday we received a carton of eggs from Becky. She explained the story about how a tradition came about and couldn't stop it from ending.

Becky's mother which would be my mother in laws (harsh words) mami (grandmother in law) to me has with her husband made Easter eggs (carton) for her grand kids. There has always been a confusion about who and if everyone got their eggs because picture Sundays at your moms with about maybe over thirty people at your house. This is how I remember back eleven years at me maws house the one time I visited. Me maws husband has passed and she still continues the tradition. Each grand kid still gets that carton of eggs. For eleven years we have missed out on those eggs but what makes it special is the fact that she still made them for us to have. So on this particular Sunday I realized that even though I had only in eleven years maybe seen this remarkable women twice she still included us. That is what made this special egg carton even that much special.

Loving the small things in life and cherishing the value it has.

No comments:

Post a Comment