Wednesday, April 17, 2013

la familia

Family came to town. When your family comes to town what do you end up doing? Love my family we are made up into our own characters. Some play bigger roles than others. When we get together be it here or there we tend to do what we normally do. As a family it's not always the same so let me explain. When we go to Heather's dad's house. We have dinner and make it a movie night be it what day we pick it ends up with a movie. I love movie night I just have to pretend I'm not crying at a sad movie. At my parents it's meeting time or BBQ's. Heather's mom is far, we either go there or she comes here. Hate the fact that she is far but sometimes it's how it has to be. When family is not near you tend to do the things that you know they cannot experience at an everyday. In my case I try not to make them tired with my let's do things. I think I've gotten better with it. So I will share one thing we did as a family when they came to visit this time.

We have a tattoo artist in the family which you can already imagine what happened. Chelsie McKnight was able to make my first tattoo last year so she came prepared just in case we were in the mood to get one. She made the statement..."if you guys want one I brought my equipment!" we just looked at each other. Heather said "do you want one?". I said "well don't know they are painful." Heather had been wanting a small one so we knew she was getting one already. The next statement was... "if you like I have new black light ink" my eyes grew that big expression of confusion and excitement at the same time. So they explained it to me. Just in case you are like me and didn't know it's an ink that will not show on your skin unless you happen to come upon a black light. I said okay if I get one I want it to be an equals sign. I want two lines to wear if I happen to be under black light I want it to show red. Then we all talked about getting a tattoo. We all liked the equal idea so we all had Heather draw on us as Chelsie did her work. You should have seen us taking turns at the "chair of tattooing!". I wasn't getting nervous till it was my turn. Heather's mom went first. She would have to tell you how she felt getting it but how I saw her reactions I just knew it was going to be painful. Bri went next, took it like there was no pain. It was my turn I'm not going to lie. I screamed for her to hurry and finish it. I tend to have them in places that just hurt. I'm not trying to prove that I can handle the pain just trying to have it where I want it. Heather went next. I asked her if it hurt twice since she got two of them. She replied like saying "what pain?" lucky her. Then Chelsie herself was last. Heather drew it and she did her own tattoo. One tough lady. Our evening ended with our living room turning into a tattoo shop. The pain was so bad that I had to call it a night I felt dizzy. Of course it only hurt while she was doing it...and after she finished...and the next day!

You have heard the saying the family that prays together stays together.

Chelsie tattooing Bri


This family not only prayed together but also got a tattoo to make us whole.
This is my family. I have always wanted my sisters and me to share one but that has yet to be seen. I don't encourage the pain but I do encourage that as a family let it mean something.
So on April 13, 2013 Heather and I got our very first black light tattoo from Chelsie McKnight along with Bri and mami n law. I am blessed to have a mami n law that is willing to share something so simple, a tattoo. When she comes back next time I hope my sisters are ready.

Equal meaning I just want no one person to be seen as less than anyone else...just equal.  So if you happen to cross us at a black light party look for my red and Heathers white.

No, we were not drunk we just wanted to share something.

For the record I will not make this a habit. I don't get a high from it. I do however make it meaningful.

No comments:

Post a Comment