Saturday, February 8, 2014

CBC taste and tour

Did a Community Beer Company Taste and Tour last Saturday. It was interestingly fun. We were a group of six friends. The tour started at two and ended at five. While you got to tour the brewery every hour you could relax and have some quality time looking at the local art of the day artist or catching up with friends lives. You get three tickets to try their beer on tap of choice for that day for only ten bucks. Not bad considering you get a good size on the beverages. When you finish one beer just go up to the counter and take your next pick. I'm not a beer drinker. I just don't care for the taste. I know that when it is hot outside and you have been working up a sweat at work you enjoy coming home to a cold beer. It just tastes sour to me. I need a little sweet flavor in my mouth and in my belly.
 
Even though I was down for the tour I was willing to take on the challenge. One thing is for sure, if you decide to do the actual brewery tour make sure you haven't had that much to drink. I say this because I was already on my third beer when we decided to do the tour. All I could hear was the voices in my head telling me blah blah blah blah blah. I recommend you taking it earlier than later. Besides checking out the art they also had food trucks available for the hungry. Dress is casual you don't really go to impress the guys because it's one of those places where it's only about the beer not what you look like to the guys drinking the beer. I enjoyed myself but after a while started feeling tired and sleepy. After the taste and tour I continue to stick with what I know, I'm not a beer drinker.  One thing I did like was that it was indoors with a back opening which means if it's cold or hot outside you are kept inside a big spacious room and can also go outside to drink. The one that I would love to do is the tour beer bus. But that is for the future. After drinking the beer I checked to see if I had grown any chest hair. Good to say I didn't.

The beers that I tried were:
Pale Ale, Public Ale, Mosaic IPA, and Vienna Lager the one that I liked was Vienna Lager.

They have them every Saturday this is the address
Community Beer Company
1520 Inspiration Dr
Dallas, TX

I'm going to share a story that happened in the bathroom that will have you saying beer is not for the girly girls.
I'm in the stall while another friend is in the lady's room as well. It's already filled with lady's trying to handle their business while all of a sudden a lady tells her friend "you are fabulous". Then the friend tells her friend "no, you are fabulous". While a third lady says"you have a good friend, telling you you're fabulous". So they all say it to each other "we are fabulous" 
I didn't get to see the ladies for I would have to pretend to be tipsy and say "y'all are all fabulous"
Instead when I came out of my stall I looked at my friend and said"OMG did you know we are so fabulous" in a fabulouish voice.  
I know I should be nice since we are all fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment