Thursday, February 6, 2014

wasted 2014

Lets get food wasted. Yeah doesn't sound good. It happens. Went to an art show two weekends ago and well everything was based on food. All the art was food related. Second year in the making the curator of the show is Raymond Butler and friends it was held at the Basement Gallery in none other than Oak Cliff. Our goal was to get there early to be one of the first twenty people to get a free designed Wasted t shirt. I remember last year the line was long so you had to get there early just to be that lucky. Least to say I was first in line was in a group of five so I don't know if I just jumped in first or they let me. I was just excited to be first. From experience The Basement consists of paying a fee, ten bucks. I think ten bucks is worth the visit. since everything was based on food there was Mexican paletas, donuts, small bundt cakes, cupcakes, chipotle, chicken wings, and alcohol with regular beverages. As long as they had it there it was for us to have. My first time to try chipotle, it was okay no biggie. On the other hand I was ecstatic to enjoy the crown with cokes. There was a DJ for the dancing queens. It was like I pictured, quite interesting. I don't know why I like going to Wasted, who else but this one person thought to create a show dedicated to only food. If they continue to have them I'll try to be first in line but I know that won't happen again.


When ever you get the opportunity to get Wasted the best is to get food wasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment