Thursday, June 14, 2012

ice rocks

Yesterday Heather was getting ready to grill. I know on a week night but hey anything is possible. She was preparing the sides and well I was doing laundry when all of a sudden you hear the sound of balls hitting the house. I looked at her and said "omg what the what." She gave me the same look and I panicked. She looked outside and saw hail hitting hard and raining. All of a sudden I said "babe what do we do?" She told me to help get cardboard to cover the cars windshields. You guys probably don't understand so I'll explain. My worry was the damaged it would do to the house. We worked hard to get a home so every time it rains or snows I panic. I see how the weather damages hundreds of homes and we have actually seen trees fall over in our back yard so rain use to be my friend but that's all i can think of when it rains is the damage. I told heather to put her car in the garage because for some reason if anything happens to her ride it costs twice as much than it would mine. I told her to be careful and as we rushed to get her car in the garage I watched for her safety. Me watching didn't help. She got hit. I know it's not funny but when you think about it now it's like watching a video game. You are trying to beat the evil villain (hail). Funny on timing the sirens didn't come on til after the hail stopped. We waited it out didn't know if we should take cover. I know I sound like a chicken but as I get older everything I mean everything worries me. I hate that about myself I use to think that I could handle anything.


as you can see heather loves to be in the rain(barefooted)
The sirens went off but it still rained. That didn't stop Heather she wanted to still grill. I said no way. She pleaded with me but I said "really babe you after what we just saw and heard you want to go grill? nope not happening." She managed to go outside when it was just drizzling and was staring at the ground and saw a lot of hail. She grabbed a few and started asking questions that she new I wouldn't know the answer to. What makes them so cold? How is it sunny and hot and the hail is so cold? How do they get the size that they are? I just said "babe I don't know." My question would be "what size are they originally before they make it to the ground or hit their target? Was god playing baseball(golf)?

I got dents on my car but hey I can live with that. Oh and if you are wondering about our sun necklace it survived as well. It might turn the tree neck green though because it's not a sterling silver chain.

The next morning before work we saw the damages it had done here in grand prairie and just have to say we were very lucky. Heather has a bruise and for dinner she made us hamburgers on the grill. I used to love when it rained. The comfort of being home, everything quiet outside, you curl up and watch a movie or pull out something to read(newspaper). We are lucky if we just get that, rain and nothing else extra.

whatever you decide to do take cover my friends

No comments:

Post a Comment