Tuesday, June 26, 2012

commerce


"commerce"





I got involved with ArtSlam. ArtSlam, a silent auction to benefit North Texas literary organization WordSpace. I was thrilled to be a part of this event that would take place at Steve Paul Productions Sunday June 24, 2012. We almost didn't attend but was glad to have changed my mind. I wondered what if any I could do to help. I love taking pictures so I gave them one of my photographs to help with the cause. I have many, you can not imagine I have boxes and boxes filled with pictures (over 4000) but I chose one. One that I took on an outing with my babe and friends. Yes we always have to stop because I am always stopping to snap a picture. I contacted Steve about my picture and he was happy to have it.

When we arrived Sunday evening it was packed full of guests ready to bid. I could hear people saying how they loved my picture. We were there not even thirty minutes and my picture was sold got to see who bougt it and I was just silently jumping with joy. The idea that someone else liked what I see when I snap a pic, had me grinning all the way home. I don't know if I could ever have this same moment happen again but if it does I just thank God for moments like this. I'm always supporting my babe in all that she does and that night she was by my side supporting what I did. Steve contacted me today to tell me that I was featured in the dallas observer.  That is when it hit me. That night there was so much talent and my name along with my photo was featured as one of the artists. Could not have asked for more.

When I take pictures and share them with you it's only to show friends the things that we get to see to not brag but to share our experinces. Life is full of surprises and friends are always welcome to join us. If I get to experince what I did this past sunday night again I'm just going to keep thanking God and my babe for telling me I can.

I made a dent in history (my history) hope to tell this story to my kid one day.

When someone told me I couldn't I made it I can.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment