Tuesday, June 12, 2012

smoke jumper

one day you are there watching tv on your couch when all of a sudden your partner sitting next to you screams or yells can't recall which one"omg we have to find this beer". I'm like OKAY. "seriously i want to find this beer" so our plan is to find this I'm assuming awesome beer.

I don't care really for beer. I'm more of a give me a girly drink or hard liquor. I'm not an alcoholic but I do drink every once in awhile so when I do I try to make it a good choice. Heather starts searching (google) on the internet for a beer made by the Left Hand Brewing Company out in Colorado established in 1993. There wasn't a plan on going there which if we had it would be like a Harold and Kumar movie without the rated R. Our mission was to find it here in the DFW area. The first place we thought to look was World Market but no luck. We just came out with other beers. Heather contacted the brewery website and found out that they do deliver here in Texas but only selected places and what made it bad timing. The seasonal beer was going out of season and soon. Heather did the research and I just helped her with directions. She finally got a hold of information that a store in grapevine would or might still have it so we waited for a reply. grapevine beer and wine messaged back and told her that they still had maybe six left. We couldn't go that day but the next day we were on a mission to drive out there to find it. Our way there was like a joke we made so many u-turns. there was construction everywhere streets blocked but we finally made it. I was about to ask the clerk when heather stopped me and said she spotted it. "are you sure that's the one" i told her. "it is it is this one" then I looked at the price and my head pulled back and i gave these big eyes. "babe are you sure this is what you want" "well i do but the price" she told me. I figured it was once in a lifetime quest for this great beer that we bought it. Oh you want to know the price? It was nine yes nine dollars. We drove home mission accomplished. Now was the time to try it.  We waited a couple of days. We figured we had to wait for the right moment to drink it, mostly heather of course.

She opened the bottle and poured it. She took the first taste and automatically loved it. It was my turn and omg it was gross. Heather loved it said it had a good complex, a lot of flavor. She couldn't stop enjoying it. I on the other hand well let me just say that it smelled like charcoal burning over some sausages on the grill, good smell. Smelled like you were to smoke herbs, smokey taste. The taste stays with you like having smokey black coffee. I love coffee hot and cold but this was not my kind of coffee. Heather enjoyed it so much was like a kid with a lollipop. Let me tell you that this one whole beer will have you seeing circles. She said "man i wish they made smaller bottles of this stuff".

smoke jumper
1pint 6 fl oz.
a little history from the left hand brewing co.

Smokejumpers are those fearless wildland firefighters who specialize in parachuting into the wilderness so that we can continue to enjoy it. Smokejumper Imperial Porter is a tribute to them - a twenty-one degree plato porter made with barley malt hand- smoked by our brewers. Roasty brown in color, the long lingering smokiness wraps around flavors of molasses, toasted malt and an earthy hoppiness. Here’s to smoke in your glass, not in the woods. Smokejumper is the official beer of The National Smokejumper Association.

abv 8.80%
ibu's 50
plato 21
now whatever this means well you beer drinkers might know.

have to say it was different never in my wildest dreams would i ever know to be on a search for a beer but hey anything to support my babe in her crazy adventures.........and on to the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment