Monday, June 18, 2012

NETO:Cuddle on the Tightrope

Friday we went to the summer block party down flora downtown Dallas. Man it was pretty hot. They had food trucks of all kinds. You name it they had it. My treat was when we went to the Nasher Sculpture Center. I've been wanting to try the Ernesto Neto: Cuddle on the Tightrope it started May 12, 2012 - ends September 9, 2012. It is a hug installation that you can actually walk on. At least that is the safe thing to do. I was so excited I don't know why. I don't even approve of roller coasters but just had to pretend it was a bridge. When I went up to the guy (he kept a clicker to see how many people were walking the tightrope) he asked if I wanted to give it a try. I had to take my shoes off and put on some footie's. I had two questions for him. One) will it sustain me? Didn't want to get embarrassed if I caused an accident. Two) can i take pictures? I'm all about capturing experiences. He looked down when he said yes it can sustain me and he looked at me to tell me yes I can take pictures. I came back to heather and she asked me "what did you ask him?" She gave me that look, you are silly. Hey I needed to know.
It was fun and scary at the same time. It's not walking through it quickly but taking your time. You can feel your feet dig into the balls that are put together to walk on and lets just say that I'm glad I could hold onto the rope as I walked. I kept thinking will I fall? Made it out without slipping. I told heather that she should try it but she said nah. I asked a grandmother that brought he granddaughters if she was going to try it. She said "o no." I did ask a young lady if she was ready to try it again since she had made it back to the beginning. All sizes and ages were enjoying it so much all you could see were smiles and phone picture taking. It was what I expected, cool. If I'm able to try it again before it's gone I will.
If I tell you that on July 7, 2012 you can experience it for free will you go? It depends on if you keep it in your calendar.

No comments:

Post a Comment