Thursday, February 7, 2013

a typical weekend

So ready for this weekend to be here. I get excited over anything. Work has made it too unbearable to be there. Walking out the doors will feel literally like having a huge amount of weight off my shoulders. Then I think about how hard it will be to start over and wanting to help provide for my little family, wanting it to grow won't allow me to just walk away and never look back. So when that time clock hits end of shift I'm too tired to run out of the doors. I have gotten better at walking faster. I like to think I live another life when I am not at work. I turn into this other person. So when I say I'm so ready for this weekend I am.

"Heart Song"
If you would like to join us. We will be at Converge Artist Workplace tomorrow Friday 02/08/2013 for The Love You To death Art Show starts at 7pm. This show continues onto Saturday 02/09/2013.

Heather also has a piece for one night only 02/09/2013 at Kettle Art for The Love Of Kettle starts at 7pm.

"Strings"

Both are free events. Swing by and check out the artwork. Heather has accomplished more than I could have expected. As long as I have known her she has always been my artist but others have just seen her work in the last two years.

A while back when we saw the movie about the true lives of Julie and Julia I vowed to buy her cookbook and try a recipe I have yet to do that. In the meantime we have decided to let Susan Nicely as Julia child cook for us. This I could not have imagined so we will see how interesting this will be.

Sunday there will be a Mardi Gras Parade in Oak Cliff. Yes Oak Cliff knows how to throw one heck of a party so you might want to check that out.

So even if work can be just a tad too crazy I look forward to what I make my life exciting. We are into February already and have only done one thing for this new year that I had mentioned. I have a list I need to start crossing them off.

Want to say thank you to friends and family for voting my photo in the Nasher Sculpture Center Contest. Thank you for taking the time to check it out.

Onto the next adventures.......

No comments:

Post a Comment