Saturday, February 16, 2013

faulty

The tiger with a mended heart. A valentines approaches but we are at the store for another reason when we have to pass by all the red I love you items.

I have in my life a stuffed animal lover. It has gotten better with the years but I have to share with you a story. She spots it and says "I want this can I have it?" I say really. "Yes really". So I keep it photographed in my mind for later. You see its hard to buy or surprise with something when we are always together. We start to walk away she goes back and says " no we have to get him now, today". Why I say? " Look at him he is different, no one will buy him, he will get sent back". Why? I still say. "See he is different than the rest". I come closer and see what she is talking about. We gather another and check the rest and sure enough he is different. I say okay I guess we can get him today.

the tiger has his heart defect or just a special tiger

I have a collector of odd things in my house due to my (no one will buy it) other half. You think it's not real but let me bring you to just one more example. This ceramic dog was on a shelf at a store a couple of years back and she also had to have it. When I said, well let me see if they will give me a discount on it first. I didn't understand then why she would want this broken trinket. When they said no on the discount I knew I had lost my battle and bought it anyway.

broken leg




















The only thing I can come up with is that everything broken still means something to someone. That it may not be whole but it's still complete. It may not serve it's purpose to anyone but just to that one. That if it had real feelings it would feel like a lot of people feel when they are rejected.

By this point in time I have given up all whys and just agreed to okay let's get it.

If you have someone in your life like I do then we both know that feeling.

This is one aspect of my better half that I somehow admire, she finds ways to save the up most out of anything  

No comments:

Post a Comment