Tuesday, February 12, 2013

beads and a snake

Familia Shoulders
I'm going to start by saying that I'm happy to announce that Heather was part of a unique group of artists to join together for the first time at Converge Artist Workplace. A new gallery in the making. Didn't realize that she would be apart of a group that made it's first beginning. I know to some it might not mean anything but it really is a big deal.

Had a very fun and eventful weekend. Love doing things with my senorita and I love the fact that we share the same interests. The one thing that was out of the ordinary was to attend a live performance of Susan Nicely as Julia Child. It was a free event and there was going to be food involved. I was expecting to see Susan perform like Julia but we didn't realize that she would also be singing. I say singing because it was put together by The Opera House in downtown Dallas. She had the audience laughing she was quite a performer. Did she act like Julia? Yes she did and some extra. Julia Child was known for her french cooking. She was featured in cooking shows and if you ever had the opportunity to see a show you would love her not your Paula Dean kind of stuff. Since it was at the farmers market we couldn't pass up buying some fruits and veggies.

If you haven't been to the Farmers Market Downtown Dallas it is a must on your to do list.



lucy the last time i saw her was when her little girl standing next to her was in her belly
Celebrations this week include Mardi Gras and the Chinese New Year. I know you probably are saying " but you're a Mexican, why would this be something you would celebrate?" I see it as why not. I have friends from different backgrounds and it wouldn't hurt to learn more. It's feeding my brain and enjoying the possibilities. Went to the parade for Mardi Gras, had we not gone Heather wouldn't have collected a real krewe doubloon from Louisisna. This year I ran into a high school friend and caught and image of a special boy with his mother.  This was his first Mardi Gras Parade. Just so you know anyone can go no rated "R" stuff unless you get beads that are sticky from that one float that soaked them with alcohol.

It's also Chinese New Year. It's the year of the snake. There will be a celebration downtown Dallas this Friday. I'm pretty sure if you go there will be a lot of hissing going on along with dancing dragons. It is also free to attend your opportunity to check out the Crow Asian Museum with the festivities they will have.

Almost forgot the most important holiday this week (not really) Valentine's Day. It's not just for lovers its also for friends so while you are sitting lonely at home because you have no mate to love you for you, you do have a friend that accepts you for you so celebrate. I am asked the question every time it never fails "what are you doing for valentines day?" I'll respond and say nothing special. I don't celebrate it by going out, everywhere will be busy. I stay home with my love like a regular day just know that I love her. We end up celebrating it later when all the food places have slowed down. I mainly use Valentines Day for friends and family. I'm not a diamond kind of girl. I'm more of an, I love the special CD you made me, girl. So friends just know you are loved.

ATTENTION
ATTENTION
ATTENTION
i almost forgot if you plan on getting married but have no clue on how to plan it
if you are getting married one day not tomorrow but one day
if you are not planning to get married but know someone that is
if you don't care about being tied down to one lover but want to have a fun night
then this is for you
freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
with just reservation call 972-237-7500 to experience a bridal show at the Ruth Jackson Center Tuesday fed 26 5:30- 8:30
"A Midsummer Night's Dream!"
there will be free food and even a fashion show

till next time friends be safe and make memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment