Friday, February 22, 2013

indie rock

I told myself that if I ever reached a limit on my pictures then I'd have to delete and start over. Well I've exceeded my limit and it's time to delete. I have shared with friends and family over 10,000 yes ten. thousand. photos. Some you loved and some you didn't really care about them but heck, I wanted to share them anyway. So some time next week it's delete mode. :(
photo from june 2011 at the prophet bar

On another note & surely another "photo op" I'm looking forward to tonight's Girl In A Coma concert . Strange name for an all girl band but man can they play. Girl In a Coma is an indie rock band from San Antonio, Texas on Joan Jett's Blackheart Records' label. The band is made up of sisters Nina and Phanie Diaz and friend, Jenn Alva. Saw them in a photograph awhile back in the Texas Magazine as a new coming up group. So decided to hear them back in 2011 loved the way the singer ( Nina Diaz) performed. I've been to a couple of bands here in the area and she is not afraid to feel the music and sing. By the end of the concert she is pouring in sweat from her performing. Gross I know but that just means that she doesn't play around. If you have come to see them perform they will give you just that, a good performance. They will be performing at Sue Ellen's tonight and we bought our tickets last month. Didn't want to miss it.  One of my favorites http://youtu.be/0VfN6UmQlfI . If you have seen the movie Machete (2010)  they have a song featured in the movie. I havn't seen it yet.

If you get to see them tonight be prepared to hear the voice and feel the music. If you don't get to see them tonight don't worry they will be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment